The Energie-Atlas Bayern is the Internet portal of the Bavarian State Government on the energy turnaround and on energy saving, energy efficiency and renewable energies.
The Bavarian energy atlas is the main online portal of the Bavarian state government on the topic of „energy“. Since April 2011, the portal has been a successful aid to citizens, municipalities, enterprises, planners and authorities in bringing forward the energy transition in Bavaria. The leitmotiv is the energy step 3, which can be found in all recommendations of action: according to the first two steps (reduce demand for energy, increase energy efficiency), it is important to save as much energy as possible, before proceeding to the third step, i.e. covering the remaining energy needs with renewable energies.
The portal, which received multiple awards, is a digital reference work for Bavaria’s energy future and offers a very wide range of information and tools:
- Over 200 thematic maps
- locations and data of more than 500.000 renewable energy plants
- interactive tools, i.e. a 3D analysis of wind energy plants or the mixing console, „on-site energy mix Bavaria“
- more than 200 pages with interesting facts about saving energy, energy efficiency and renewable energies
- over 400 practical examples uploaded by citizens, municipalities and enterprises
- an application platform for the „10.000 houses“ program (a funding program which promotes energy efficiency in the areas of constructions and renovations)
Interactive maps are the key element of the portal. The topic pages add comprehensive background information to the maps, like, inter alia, technical principles, contact persons, facts about funding and authorization, practical examples and tools like for instance a processor to calculate the amount of waste heat or if it’s time to change domestic appliances.
Contact person: Ralph Annau, Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: www.energieatlas.bayern.de